Monuments and Statues

The steam sawmill monumet

Finland’s first steam-powered sawmill was founded in 1859-60 in Ii by five businessmen (J.G.Bergbom, J.W.Snellman, F.J. Frantzén, J.S.Hedman and F.Granberg) from Oulu. The operation of this sawmill was ceased in 1908. The chimney has been saved as a monument of the sawmill.

Address: Rantakestiläntie, Ii.
Free to visit.

In honor to lumberjacks

Statue is devoted to lumberjacks of Ii-river. It was designed by the famous local artist Sanna Koivisto in 2003.


Address: Jokisuuntie 2, Ii. Located next to the Municipality's city hall. Free to visit.